Friday, June 23, 2006

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."
I guess all Godfather fans will recognize that line. I don't remember if it's from G1 or G2. My husband loves them both and has watched them both numerous times.
Why am I quoting from that movie other than the fact that I love that line? I guess I'm homesick. Since moving to Tennessee in 1997, I have rarely missed Massachusetts. Especially in winter! I do admit that during the long summer months I sometimes watch The Weather Channel and covet "75 and raining".

Anyway, my point is that I do miss the food. I'm not just talking about quohaugs, steamers, and chowda. I'm talking Italian food. I mean real Italian food. Don't get me wrong, I like the Olive Garden but the atmosphere is all wrong. I bet if I went to Olive Garden in Chattanooga right now and asked everyone their name I wouldn't get one "Sonny-boy" or "Joe Dogs" or "Big Nose Sam".

I guess my next cooking project will be to learn how to make cannolis. I've had to do that with a lot of other foods.

I did some more layouts. One for my dad using kits from Mo Jackson and another Grand Canyon trip one using a Kathryn Balint kit.

Blogger is being stupid and not letting me upload my pictures. Will try again later.


1 comment:

Budd said...

You can still watch the weather channel and see 75 and raining in Mass. Being in TN shouldn't change the weather there.