Sunday, May 28, 2006

A layout I did for the color challenge at Digital Freebies.

Alex and I finally went to see The DaVinci Code. (Hubby and #2 son didn't want to go.) It was --okay. I didn't love the movie and I didn't hate it. I think Alex enjoyed it more than me. It described it as "interesting". Maybe if I hadn't anticipated it so much, I might not have felt so disappointed. I really thought with Ron Howard and Tom Hanks it would be a winner. Alex said the trailers made it seem like it would be more suspenseful and action-packed and it was more of a talking movie. What little action there was turned out to be annoying because it was mostly dark and the camera action jerked around a lot. Like in the car chase through Paris. I loved Sophie's tiny car and thought it would be a great scene but it was hard to see much of it. The Paris car chase from The Bourne Identity is still the greatest.

Anyway, I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. I'm glad I saw it but I'm not planning on running out and buying the dvd when it comes out.

At least it wasn't as bad as Silent Hill. That movie was horrid. I only went because Michael wanted to see it and he's not old enough to get into R-rated. We met one of his friends (accompanied by his dad) at the theater and they both loved it. Raved over it. I thought maybe it was a male thing so I asked the friend's dad what he thought and he laughed and said he thought it was "horribly bad". LOL!!! He said it obviously knew its target audience--teenage boys.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day Weekend. We're thinking of going to Nashville on Monday and stopping in Murfreesboro along the way so Alex can take a look at MTSU (Middle TN State U). It looks like that's where he's going to be going. For a while he had his heart set on Savannah College of Art and Design. Unfortunately, he has horrible, mean parents who won't fork over $120,000+ . I told him he could take out student loans but he said "I don't want to owe that much when I graduate!" Guess what, Alex. I don't want to owe that much when you graduate! Then he found out that a friend of his is going to MTSU (he's known the kid all through high school but they didn't have many classes together so they didn't hang out as much) and they're going to try and room together. So now he's getting excited about it. I'm so glad because while I'm not willing to pay $30,000 a year, I wanted him to be happy about which college he was going to and not just go there because he couldn't go where he wanted. So unless he gets a fantastic scholarship to SCAD; he'll be going to MTSU.

And I'm already planning to move my computer out of the dining room and into his bedroom. I can use his internet line and not have to share with the dh! We have only 4 lines on the router and 5 computers. Yes, I know we have only 4 people in the family but hubby has a laptop. And yes, we've tried wireless but had nothing but problems so we went back to wires.

I'll post pictures if we go to Nashville on Monday.

2 comments:

~*~ Coralee ~*~ said...

Hey Carol!!! Great Layout.Been having a run of bad luck here at the moment!! Bugger. Apart from other things happening ..My Moniter went!! No Moniter No Computer!!Double Bugger. But our neighbor has today lent us this old little moniter to get us through!! It's really hard on the eyes but beggers can't be choosie! Hee hee. Anyway Sweetie, Just thought I'd drop in quick and let you know I'm alive :) will catch up more later for sure :) Have a Great Day :)

Budd said...

Have listened to the audio book and thought it would be a better movie as they would cut it to pieces and make it an action movie.

I didn't care for the book. I thought it was poorly written.

The guy on the audio book doing a cheesy french accent didn't help.