Monday, July 03, 2006


Another Disney layout.
Here's another layout for my Annual Pass Disney Album. The layout was inspired by Ginger Thibodeau's weekly sketch challenge on her blog, RU Square. This one is a rectangular (8 1/2 x 11) album. I guess I'll also be doing a square 8x8 one. I bought a really nice 8x8 album at Hobby Lobby with Mickey Mouse on the cover. We have tons of Disney World pics so it will be easy to fill it up. I just have to find the time to do all the layouts! LOL!! Here's the album cover.

Oh, I should add that the picture in this particular layout was taken by my younger son, Michael. Hence, the copyright by "The One Vader". If you ever run into "the one vader" on the web, that's him! Although I maybe shouldn't be admitting that. LOL!! I still get "oh, so you're Michael's mom" when I meet people. They claim that it's good but I sometimes doubt them. When people talk to me about Alex they always say things like he's such a nice young man, thoughtful, helpful--things like that. Then, regarding Michael I usually get, he's....um, Michael.

We're having our annual July 4th neighborhood fireworks party. It's been evolving over the years. This year we're going to grill some hot dogs and hamburgs first followed by s'mores. And everyone wants me to make pineapple Dole whip again. Then after dark at least 3 or 4 families on the street have fireworks.

Alex has to work but will be home before the fireworks. He said not to feel bad--he's getting time and a half!! And he got his raise so that makes it even better. LOL!!

I'll be sure to take some pictures and post the pics or some layouts. I need to take pictures of my homemade Dole whip for the recipe album I keep saying I'm going to make. Does anyone else out there like Dole whip? It's pineapple soft serve. Yum! They sell it at the Dole place in Hawaii of course and also at the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. Michael got the recipe from one of his Disney connections. I don't know if it's "the" recipe but it's close enough for me! And my neighbors!

No comments: