Tuesday, March 13, 2007


This is my layout for Lifts With A Twist #10. Credits can be found here.

Had some excitement at the backyard bird feeders the other morning. I had a giant woodpecker feeding on the suet. I didn't realize how huge some of them are! I ran upstairs and got my camera and managed to get one picture before he flew away. Unfortunately the picture is very blurry but you can tell the size anyway. I'm going to work on the picture and see if I can clean it up a bit. I told Michael he needs to show me how to zoom in and enhance like on the cop/CSI shows and turn a blurry photo pwerfect. LOL! He said no matter how many algorithms he uses, he can't do that. LOL! I'm hoping the bird will come back so I can get a better picture but he ate all the suet when he was here...there was a good 1/3 to 1/4 of a cake left and when he flew away every bit of it was gone. The poor little downy woodpecker that comes kept coming back looking to eat. So I had to go out and buy more. I have 2 cakes out there now.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Since you described the woodpecker as "giant" it's probably a Pileated Woodpecker They're very cool. I've only ever seen one.

Carrie Nichols said...

Kristin, yes I believe it was. My dh saw it too and looked on the web. At first he got all excited thinking it was some rare woodpecker. There's a reward if you spot one and can tell where it's feeding. Glad I didn't spend the reward! LOL!! Five minutes later he said "never mind. there's another one that looks almost exactly like it and it's not rare".

Oh well, it was fun seeing it anyway.

janna said...

How exciting about the woodpecker.

When I was growing up we had a big & fat woodpecker that who would yearly come back to the same tree to nest. It was cool. Thanks for reminding me of that. I hope you can get a picture of it too.

Love the LO of your baby too!