Monday, March 12, 2007


Here's a layout I did after using a tutorial from Jessica Sprague. Above is the original photo and below is the photo on the layout after I gave it a dreamy, old-fashioned quality then cropped it at an angle and used a frame from Jessica Sprage to soften the edges and then added text to the photo. Credits for the layout can be found here.

Alex is back at school. We took him back yesterday and looked at an apartment complex he's interested in for next year. The one he'd probably go with is a 4 bedroom/2 bath apartment. So he'd have his own bedroom but share a bath with one other person. There's a small kitchen with full size appliances including a dishwasher plus a washer/dryer. There's also a common area with a couch and chairs and stuff. The apts are furnished which is nice. The residents are all students so it's similar to a dorm. It's actually cheaper than r&b at the college but doesn't include food. To come out the same as on campus living, Alex would have about $45-50 a week to eat. I know he'd be much happier because they have actual high speed internet. The one on campus is pathetic--according to Alex anyway. And it might be good for him to budget his grocery money and have to work with that each week. I have been buying him lots of sodas and snacks anyway so if I continue I think he could do okay for that much each week. He says he's been eating a lot of ramen noodles and mac & cheese anyway so it wouldn't be much different. I know these are baby steps but he's on the way to being an independent person. When did he grow up??

My friend who has kids who are older and some younger than mine once said if her kids didn't stop growing up pretty soon they'd be older than her! LOL!!! I know what she means.

2 comments:

Jen U said...

I love what you did with the photo in the LO, thanks for posting the original to compare! :) It turned out great!!!!

grambie said...

Hi, I could not leave the Sprague site without using your link. Love the picture of your cutie after you added the extra effects. It totally changed the entire aspect of his photo for the better. I congratulate you on a fantastic job. Keep up the good work. By the way, nice to meet you. I am a newbie to the site.