Friday, October 06, 2006

Budd asked me about Bob Corker since I live in Chattanooga so I thought I'd give him my perspective.

This is in no way a political endorsement. In fact, this is one of those times when I wish "None of the above" was a choice on the ballot. We moved to Chattanooga 9 years ago and I admit I haven't paid too much attention to politics or politicians. But I do vote so I guess that makes me the worst kind of voter--an uninformed one!! And I took my son to vote as soon as he was 18. Told him it wasn't just a right it was a responsibility. Told him I didn't care who he voted for just that he vote. You'd think with that sort of attitude, I'd be more involved but after having lived in one place for 40 years, it was difficult to adjust and politics was the least of my worries.

But, I do want to say this. There's a Bob Corker commercial featuring Chattanoogans saying how wonderful the city is and all the fantastic things he did as mayor. What Chattanooga do these people live in???? My property taxes have not decreased, they've increased. As for crime, I haven't been impacted but the local news is about the same as it was when I moved here 9 years ago. The only difference is the names of the people being arrested or victimized.

I'm not slamming Chattanooga--it's a great place to live. I'm just saying that I can't recall any difference in my personal quality of life from when he was mayor or all the other mayors we've had since we moved here.

2 comments:

Budd said...

you can write me in as a candidate. I don't think I could do any worse.

Budd said...

http://www.boforsenate.com/