Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I did this layout for the August song lryics challenge at RAKScraps. For credits go here.
Well, we survived first day of school yesterday. 3 out 0f the 4 teachers Michael has this semester had Alex as a student. Michael said that worked out good because they automatically liked him because of Alex. Michael said good thing they don't really know me yet!
Recently Budd was talking about "Evil Genius" on his blog. An incident yesterday made me think of that--only I don't know if it's a case of evil genius or complete idiocy. As I said, yesterday was the first day of school and someone chose that day to close the road and dig up the railroad tracks on the main route between the middle school and the high school (and between my house and the high school). There are other ways to get from one to the other but you have to go all the way around. No to mention that the buses take that route. They had to go around and tie up traffic especially since there are a lot more sharp turns and the buses have to wait for the oncoming cars to pull out so they can make the turn.
This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Several years ago they talked and talked about extending the sidewalks in front of the middle school. They talked about it all summer. When did they start? You guessed it! The first day of school. Talk about a mess! Half the road was closed for several weeks.
Who in the world makes these decisions?

2 comments:

Budd said...

my daughter makes those desicions.

*muhahahahahhahahaha

thanks for the linkage!

~*~ Coralee ~*~ said...

Hey Carol!!!!Put the Kettle on I'm craving a Cuppa Tea! So Sorrrrrrry I haven't been over your way in such a long time! I have so much happening at the moment and with the packing well that's driving me Nutty! I have been looking for your email address and can't find it anywhere, I was so sure I had it. Can you please send me an email so I do have it? I have to go, otherwise someone is going to open a can of whoopass on me!! Hee Hee. PS: Your Layouts are looking GREAT!!! Way to go! Take Care and Have Fun xxx